Les Nabis (The Prophets) were a group of post-impressionist painters, known for their rebellious spirit in the 1920s and 1930s Paris. This set of six artistamps represents sample works of some of the greatest artists of this school. The images at first appear as simple, but the complexity in form, media and image will amaze. Included are:
- On the Beach - Felix Vallotton
- Carriage Horse - Jozsef Rippl Ronai
- The Conversation - Paul-Elie Ranson
- Ève Bretonne or Melancholy - Paul Serusier
- Landscape with Green Trees or Green Trees or Procession Under the Trees - Maurice Denis
- Saint Sebastian - Jan Verkade
Presented in 5 by 6 inches sheets of 6 stamps each, with water-activated adhesive in the fashion of traditional postage. Each Artistamp is approximately 1-9/16 by 2 inches.
Please remember that these are faux postes and not to be used to replace the true postage necessary for mailing!