Les Nabis (The Prophets) were a group of post-impressionist painters, known for their rebellious spirit in the 1920s and 1930s Paris. This set of six artistamps represents sample works of some of the greatest artists of this school. The images at first appear as simple, but the complexity in form, media and image will amaze. Included are:
- On the Beach - Felix Vallotton
- Under the Lamp or Two Women Under the Lamp - Edouard Vuillard
- The Blue Room or Woman with a Fan - Paul-Elie Ranson
- Girl in Profile - Aristide Maillol
- Blue Seascape, Wave Effect - Georges Lacombe
- Circus Arena with the Clown and Ballet Dancer - Henri-Gabriel Ibels
Presented in 5 by 6 inches sheets of 6 stamps each, with water-activated adhesive in the fashion of traditional postage. Each Artistamp is approximately 1-9/16 by 2 inches.
Please remember that these are faux postes and not to be used to replace the true postage necessary for mailing!