Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world.
In his own words, such is the art of Auguste Renoir, a noted Impressionist painter. His love of women and the human form is ever evident in all of his works, especially these of couples dancing or about to dance:
- Les amoureux (The Lovers) - 1875
- Danse à la ville (Dancing in Town) - 1883
- La Promenade (The Promenade) - 1870
- Danse à la campagne (Dance in the Country) - 1883
- La balançoire (The Swing) - 1883
- Danse à Bougival (Dance at Bougival) - 1883
Presented in 5 by 6 inches sheets of 6 stamps each, with water-activated adhesive in the fashion of traditional postage. Each Artistamp is approximately 1-9/16 by 2 inches.
Please remember that these are faux postes and not to be used to replace the true postage necessary for mailing!