Johannes Vermeer is one of the preeminent artists of the Dutch Golden Age. His paintings virtually document everyday life in the 17th century. Long forgotten through the years, his work came back into favor in the mid-20th century and he is renowned as one of Holland's greatest gifts.
Probably best known for the Girl with the Pearl Earring, even an untrained eye will begin to recognize his inimitable style. The details of six (6) of his paintings are included on this lovely artistamp sheet are:
- L'Art de la Peinture (The Art of Painting or The Allegory of Painting) - 1662-1667
- Le Soldat et La Jeune Fille Souriant (Officer with the Laughing Girl) - 1657-1658
- L'Astronome (The Astronomer) - 1668
- La Dentellière (The Lacemaker) - 1664-1671
- La Jeune Fille au Turban (Girl with the Pearl Earring) - 1665
- La Laitière (The Kitchen Maid or The Milkmaid) - 1660-1661
Presented in 5 by 6 inches sheets of 6 stamps each, with water-activated adhesive in the fashion of traditional postage. Each Artistamp is approximately 1-9/16 by 2 inches.
Please remember that these are faux postes and not to be used to replace the true postage necessary for mailing!