This book of simple old-fashioned crafts for children six and older is a delight just to see!
The creators believe that modern life requires of us too little creativity; that living in a world where everything is done and made for you has disadvantages aw well as advantages. Most of us are deprived of the deep satisfactions which come from making things with our hands.
This book is a compilation of simple craft projects drawn from old books and magazines. None of them require special equipment, and are within the capabilities of most children. The timeless sources create a connection between yesterday and today that is rarely seen in activity books for children.
All of the 28 projects have been tested for today's child! The equipment listed in the book includes light cardboard, a glue stick, scissors, crayons, tape, yarn, buttons and the like. The projects are:
- Pinwheel Fun
- Paper Snowflake
- Button Pictures
- Jumping Jack-in-the-Box
- A Picture Puzzle
- May Baskets
- Musical Glasses
- Pecking Rooster Toy
- Slim, Sly (Clowns) & Johnny Giraffe
- Frankie the Flag Lieutenant
- Don Bluster The Bold Bad Bandit
- Saving Samuel, Parts 1 & 2
- Kiddyland Movies, Parts 1 & 2
- Slim, Sly (Clowns) & the Baby Elephant
- Scotty the Perky Puppy (and his Dog House)
- Sea Serpent
- Dangling Dan (the Moving Clown)
- A Spinning Top
- Swing-High Swing-Low (from the Moon), Parts 1 & 2
- The Chic Chicken
- Racing Turtles
- Laurence the Leopard
- Jumping Joe, Parts 1 & 2
- A Sparkling Paper Pipe
- Rocking Horse, Parts 1 & 2
- Street Scene
- Hats, Caps & Bands (Constructed from Oatmeal, Salt and Hat Boxes and Paper Sacks)
There will be an additional charge to ship this internationally. If you want to know how much it will be before you order, please CONTACT US for an estimate.