How well do you truly know the great masterpieces of fine art?
In this book of 25 famous paintings, you will find anywhere from 6 to 14 changes that were made to the originals -from some very obvious differences all the way down to the tiniest little detail. The original painting and the one in which we have made changes are side by side, so you must inspect them both ever so carefully!
Just remember: the original work of art ALWAYS appears on the LEFT side! Use your keen observation skills to compare the two pages, and see if you can detect all the differences that appear on the right side of the page. As you discover the differences, remember to keep score by checking the boxes provided on each puzzle page.
Once you have finished strolling through this outstanding gallery of images, you may go to the end of the book to check your answers to the puzzles. Try not to peek, though, until you have tried your best to find all the changes! As you go along through the book, you'll learn exciting facts about each painting and its artist. This book is a wonderful and fun introduction to some of the world's greatest works of art.
The artists year painted and the paintings included are:
- Ambrosius Bosschaert (1618) - Bouquet of Flowers on a Ledge
- Pieter Bruegel the Elder (1565) - Hunters in the Snow
- Gustave Cailleboitte (1877) - Rue de Paris
- Vittore Carpaccio (1510) - Young Knight in a Landscape
- Mary Cassatt (1878) - In the Loge
- Paul Cézanne (1893-1894) - Still Life with Apples
- Edgar Degas (1873-1876) - The Dance Class
- Albrecht DÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¼rer (1498) - Self-Portrait
- Jan Van Eyck (1434) - The Arnolfini Portrait
- Paul Gauguin (1891) - The Meal
- Vincent van Gogh (1889) - Bedroom in Arles
- Martin Johnson Heade (1875-1890) - Two Hummingbirds Above a White Orchid
- Hans Holbein the Younger (1539-1540) - Henry VIII
- Winslow Homer (1872) - Snap the Whip
- Leonardo da Vinci (1506) - Mona Lisa
- Emanuel Leutz (1851) - Washington Crossing the Delaware (detail)
- Édouard Manet (1881-1882) - A Bar at the Folies-BergÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¨re
- Jean-FranÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â§ois Millet (1857) - The Gleaners
- Claude Monet (1876) - La Japonaise (Camille Monet in Japanese Costume)
- Rembrandt van Rijn (1642) - The Night Watch
- Frederic Remington (1889) - A Dash for the Timber (detail)
- Pierre-Auguste Renoir (1892) - Girls at the Piano
- Henri Rousseau (1905) - Woman Walking in an Exotic Forest
- Georges Seurat (1883-1884) - Bathers at AsniÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¨res
- Johannes Vermeer (c 1664) - Woman Holding a Balance